Refractory Engineer (Fulltime)
Location: Corroios, Portugal/ Middelharnis, The Netherlands
Do you have a passion for innovation and a dedication to safety? Do you want to work on a essential part of many industrial processes? Thermoheat might have an interesting challenge for you!
Main tasks / responsibilities:
As a Refractory Engineer, you are responsible for the designing of refractory systems. Refractories are essentially non-metallic construction materials which are capable of retaining their form and strength at extremely high temperatures, under varying conditions of mechanical stress and chemical attack by or gases liquids or molten and semi-molen materials such as glass metals or slags. The refractory industry is quite complex and constantly evolving so there’s always something new to learn.
In this roll you ensure that the systems are safe and affective and meet all applicable codes and regulations. As a refractory engineer, you will work with customers to determine their specific needs and requirements, such as material selection.
All necessary engineering activities related to Refractory engineering:
- Refractory design & engineering;
- Co-ordinate with other departments (sales, projectdepartments) and clients/consultants;
- Resolve engineering issues;
- Review customer technical requirements and incorporate in projects related specifications and design drawings;
- Prepare foundation loading and furnace steel calculations;
- Inspection of Castable Lining, Ceramic Fibre Lining and Insulation Brick Lining work;
- Inspection of external insulation works.
The Engineer we are looking for is proactive, assertive and involved but above all enthusiastic and motivated. It is important that you are able to think creatively and come up with an innovative solution to meet the customers need while still staying in budget. The candidate we are looking for has specific knowledge of Refractory, has good communication skills and is good at computer usage.
- Minimal 2 years of experience in a similar function;
- A mechanical/civil Engineering diploma;
- API 936- certification (Preferable)
- Knowledge of furnace type of structures and associated components such as burners, ducting, air pre- heaters, stack etc.
- Familiar with applying 3D- modeling software such as Autocad and SolidWorks;
- Knowledge of international ISO & VCA standards;
- Proficient English and Portuguese language in word and writing;
- The ability to travel abroad.
The company offers:
Of course, there is something in return! Within Thermoheat we value initiative and pro-activity in which you are given the possibility to think along with us. We are located in a very dynamic, international environment with many possibilities.
- A challenging and exiting job with a high level of independence
- A competitive salary;
- Daily food allowance;
- 22 vacationdays based on a full-time employment;
- A pleasant and international working atmosphere;
- Various growth and development opportunities.
Thermoheat is a Dutch international organization that provides customers a wide range of Refractory products and services. We design, supply and install heat resistant products in various primary industries such a petrochemical, chemical industry, metal industry and offshore. With more than 40 years of experience in this niche market, Thermoheat is a valued partner in The Netherlands and abroad.
How to apply:
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV and cover letter.